Many companies offer their customers their delivery services. However, no one is insured against problems encountered when working with a transport company. More careful consideration should therefore be given to the choice of the organization that would carry the goods. One of the best in this area is Miami moving company. During the time of work, the team has many regular customers.
What to pay attention to when choosing a company?
Before making a final decision on choosing a shipping company to deliver your cargo, we recommend that you pay attention to the following points:
- License availability. Officially registered companies are ready to be responsible for the entire delivery process. They conclude an official contract with the client.
- Providing additional services. A good transport company tries to take into account force majeure circumstances, so it will actively offer additional services for loading, unloading, insurance, packaging of goods.
- Ability to track cargo. In transport companies, there is a cargo tracking function that details the path of the goods.
- Reviews about the company Written reviews on advisory services will make a competent choice.
What if delivery times are broken?
If the shipping company has violated the terms of delivery of the goods When concluding a contract with the shipping company, pay attention to the terms of delivery of the goods. If a clear date is not specified, then you need to rely on the rules for the transportation of goods. In case of force majeure, the transport company shall inform the shipper and the consignee. If no information has been received, the consignor and the consignee have the right to consider the goods lost. In this case, there is the right to claim damages for the lost cargo. Time frame for reparation:
- within 10 days from the date of receipt of the cargo for transportation in urban and suburban traffic;
- Within 30 days of the date on which the goods were to be delivered to the consignee when transported by long-distance transport.
If the client did not have time to pick up the cargo
There are times when the customer cannot pick up the goods on time. Then in this case, the transport company charges penalties as a percentage of the amount agreed in the contract for each overdue day. Therefore, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the shelf life of the item specified in the contract so that there are no problems.